The Canopy Certification is currently only available to for-profit companies incorporated in the state of Kentucky. Any type of business structure is allowed, including LLCs and others.
That’s great! We’d love to help you grow, measure, and amplify your Good. The Canopy Certification encourages businesses like yours to continuously look for ways to grow their impact on people, our planet, and our future. Companies enrolled in the Canopy Certification have access to resources like supporting curriculum and our Impact Reporting Tool that measures metrics on how your company has directly impacted its community and surrounding environment. And Canopy shares stories of Canopy Certified Companies doing Good across the state to inspire others. We believe that a network of socially and environmentally conscious, impact-driven businesses are stronger together.
The Canopy Certification is different from a B Corp Certification or filing as a Public Benefit Corporation. The B Corp Certification is a globally recognized standard that uses a rigorous assessment process to produce a score by which your company can be compared to others. Our Certification is crafted specifically for Kentucky businesses to guide them through escalating levels of operationalizing their Good.
- We research and analyze trends in Kentucky’s business community.
- We can help with talent attraction and mission-aligned job listings.
- The Canopy Certification serves as a road map to incorporate an intentional social and/or environmental mission into your business model.
- Our educational resources will help your company learn best practices as you move towards a more intentional approach to doing Good.
- We promote consumer consciousness and engagement around Canopy Certified Companies.
- Our events, seminars, and workshops are great networking opportunities.
- We recognize and lift up companies that are doing exceptional Good… maybe that’s you?!
If you want to know more, schedule a meeting with our Team today.
It’s a nice metaphor for how we see our role in the state of Kentucky. When connected, the upper branches of the trees in our forests provide habitat and protection for a whole ecosystem of creatures and plants.
Your donation will help Canopy:
Educate: Our team travels the state to educate diverse audiences on the importance of Good Business, and how Canopy is positioning Kentucky to lead the global Good Business movement.
Certify: The Canopy Certification guides Kentucky businesses towards achieving measurable social and environmental Good, operating with highest ethical standards, and taking care of all stakeholders along the way.
Connect: Canopy will serve as the hub for Kentucky’s social and environmental entrepreneurs, conscious consumers, nonprofit organizations, business owners, and more!
The Canopy Certification is currently only available to for-profit companies incorporated in the state of Kentucky. But, as an individual, there are lots of ways to get involved even if you’re outside of the state. Join the Good Business Network by subscribing to our newsletter for free resources, events, opportunities, and Canopy updates.