Certify Your Good

The Canopy Certification guides Kentucky businesses towards achieving measurable social and environmental Good, operating with the highest ethical standards, and taking care of all stakeholders along the way. 

With thoughtfully-crafted points of inquiry and supporting curriculum, the Canopy Certification provides a framework for businesses to examine and improve their own practices and be recognized for their verified efforts. 

Certify Your Good

The Canopy Certification guides Kentucky businesses towards achieving measurable social and environmental Good, operating with the highest ethical standards, and taking care of all stakeholders along the way. 

With thoughtfully-crafted points of inquiry and supporting curriculum, the Canopy Certification provides a framework for businesses to examine and improve their own practices and be recognized for their verified efforts.

canopy kentucky
canopy kentucky

The Canopy Certification is available to for-profit companies incorporated in the state of Kentucky interested in operationalizing their Good. 

Canopy Certified Companies are committed to operating with the best interest of Kentucky and its people in mind as they grow profit and work to solve our social, economic, and environmental problems.

A Canopy Certified Company provides verification of its continuous efforts to treat people well, lead with integrity, and positively impact the communities in which they serve.

How Does My Company Apply?

1

Create an Account

Currently, you can schedule a meeting with our Team to start your Certification journey. Once Canopy begins an open-enrollment process, your company can start the Canopy Certified Program by clicking ‘Apply’ in the navigation to go to the Canopy Certified Portal. Once you’re in the Portal, click ‘New to Canopy Certification?’ and fill out the necessary information to create your account. After you’ve verified your account information, you will be prompted to begin the Canopy Certified Application.
2

Start an Application

The Canopy Certified Application includes filling out general company information and our Self-Reporting Questionnaire. To submit the Application, a 20% deposit is required, which will be refunded if the Application is denied. Once submitted, Canopy's Team will review your Application to approve it, deny it, or reach out with further questions. You’ll be notified when your Application is approved and enrolled in the Canopy Certification with access to the Portal!
3

Get Canopy Certified

Once your company’s Application has been approved, you may begin the Canopy Certified Program in the Portal by going through and completing the Canopy Certified Minimum Requirements within the following 12 months. While you are completing these, the Canopy Team will validate your responses. Once all your Minimum Requirements have been validated, you’ll be prompted to pay the remaining 80% of the Canopy Certification Annual Fee. When your payment has been submitted and approved, your company is officially Canopy Certified! Congratulations, you will receive the marketing and branding materials to show off your hard work!
Canopy Certified Seal

Once a company is Canopy Certified, they will receive a set of Canopy Certified Seals. These Seals may be displayed anywhere in the office, but we’d recommend you put it somewhere externally-facing so that your stakeholders are made aware of your hard work around Good Business!

canopy kentucky
canopy seal

The Canopy Certification requires that all Canopy Certified Companies continuously improve their efforts in external impact, culture, leadership, and governance. Every year, companies must update their application information, complete Yearly Requirements for External Impact Reporting, complete Electives, and collect feedback from the Employee Engagement Survey in order to remain Canopy Certified.

Merit Badges are awarded annually to companies that show exceptional achievement in specific areas of the Canopy Certification.  A company earns a Merit Badge by answering questions and accruing points within a particular focus area. The Canopy Certified Portal will automatically calculate your efforts towards this challenging process.

Currently,  companies can earn the following Merit Badges:

Kentucky Advocate

DEI Champion

Health & Safety

Environmental Hero

Social Hero

Caring Employer

Transparent Leadership

Mission-Minded

Cost and Pricing

Annual Revenue Annual Canopy Certification Cost 20% Deposit (Application Phase) Remaining Canopy Certification Annual Cost (80%) – In-Full Amount
0 – <$249,999 $450 $90 $360
$250,000 – $499,999 $550 $110 $440
$500,000 – $749,999 $650 $130 $520

Interested in the Canopy Certification?
Schedule Meeting
Support Canopy’s Work
Donate